Status of KEKB accelerator control system
KEKB control group
Status of Development
Status of Development
- Availability of KEKB control system Hardware
- A computer system for KEKB accelerator control system specification
- Network installation is underway.
- Server computer is installed. EPICS software is already running on
- VME CPU board is tested and confirmed to work.
- Test system
Several small applications based on EPICS were used and tested in TRISTAN-AR
- Vacuum/temperature monitoring system, ARES
In AR high current study, EPICS was used to monitor vacuum/temperature
status of the TRISTAN-AR. Several applications (medm, ALH, AR_cmd etc.)
are used in the operation. A tool to convert EPICS archiver format to PAW
format ( column wise ntuple) was developed. This tool allows to use PAW
as an archived data retriever.
- Magnet field measurement system
EPICS sequencer program controls the sequence of magnet field strength
measurement using a rotating coil. Measured data are stored by archiver.
CaMath interface is used to analyze Fourier components of the data.
- Gateway to LINAC control system.
Portable channel Access server was tested by the LINAC control group. They
have built a pilot system to monitor equipments in the LINAC. ["Operation
of KEKB Linac and Ring with EPICS", Kaji M.* and Furukawa K. , http://maple.kek.jp/~mkaji/WWW/LinacKenkyukai/LinacKenkyukai.htm]
- Software classification and availability
- Level 0 : Each Device can be controlled over the control system. Software
on this level Include
- Run time database
- Alarm Status Display
- Data Archiver
- New EPICS RECORD type
- Device driver /Device Support
- Interface Driver
Most of software in this level are available now. Device/Driver support
routine for serial interface and MXI-VXI will be available soon.
- Level 1 : Group of devices can be controlled as one device . In other
Group of devices should be defined as a new device in the system. For the
consistency of the system, this new device should be accessible by CA clients.
"cdev" has a ability to define a new device which consists of
group of devices. However, Not all the OPI tools support "cdev"
- Synchronization of the record processing on several IOC can be implemented
using an EPICS event.
- SAD can handle a set of channels in a natural way.
- Level 2 : Application programs to control accelerator as one device(or
system). A modeling program should be tightly integrated with the control
system. SAD is a modeling program developed in KEK and used for a design
work of KEKB accelerators. An interface to the EPICS ( Channel Access)
is implemented to the SAD. Way to send messages from the operator interface
to SAD is also developed. Using these tools, sample of COD correction application
This level of software should be available at the commissioning of the
KEKB. Tools to develop these application is available now.
- Level 3: Automation of accelerator operation.